An Emergency Reminder from Hunan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Recently, Suqian city of Jiangsu province, Dalian city of Liaoning province, and Chengdu city of Sichuan province have successively reported confirmed COVID-19 cases that have traveled to or stayed in Zhangjiajie city of Hunan province. In order to better prevent and control the disease, Hunan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Hunan CDC) gives the following suggestions to the general public:
1. Those who have traveled to or stayed in Zhangjiajie (including business trips and tourism) since July 17, especially with overlapped activities with the above-mentioned cases must inform your community (village), company or hotel and cooperate with the local authorities on prevention and control measures such as nucleic acid testing, quarantine, and health monitoring as soon as possible. Those who refuse to do so or hinder the conduction of the measures shall bear corresponding legal responsibilities in accordance with the law.
2. Please keep an eye on your Health Code and Travel History Code. Once either of them turns red or yellow, please inform your community (village) immediately and cooperate on all prevention and control measures as required.
3. Please keep good self-protection awareness. Maintain good habits for health such as wearing masks (especially when using public transport or in crowded places), washing hands regularly, ventilating rooms more often, and keeping at least 1-meter social distance. No gathering. Keep good table manner and mind your cough.
4. Please closely follow the health status of yourself and your family members. Seek medical treatment at a nearby fever clinic or a designated medical institution as soon as possible when symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, decreased sense of smell (taste), and diarrhea occur. Tell the medical staff truthfully your history of traveling, activities, and contacts. Avoid taking public transportation when seeking treatment.
5. The pandemic is still raging in the globe and sporadic cases also frequently occurred in many provinces in China. Vaccination is considered the most economical and effective prevention way against COVID-19. Those who are eligible for vaccination can make appointments proactively and go to designated clinics as soon as possible in an orderly manner to get vaccinated.
Please closely follow Hunan CDC. Relevant information will be released in time.
Hunan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention
July 28, 2021